As COVID-19 continues to spread in our communities, we remind all patients and families that we are maintaining the following precautions in our clinics:
- All patients and staff must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose
- Visitors are limited to only those required to participate in patient care due to the patient’s condition
- Everyone entering the building must complete a COVID screening of questions and a temperature check
- Anyone with COVID symptoms or known exposure to COVID is asked to reschedule their appointment, or complete their visit using telehealth.
Contact your local Mercer Medicine clinic for more information.
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe and healthy.
Updated September 2021
As a team of dedicated medical professionals, Mercer Medicine has always taken the health and safety of our providers, staff, patients, and their families seriously. In addition to regular and thorough cleaning expected for any medical clinic, Mercer Medicine’s COVID-19 safety precautions include:
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for everyone in the building
- Only patients are allowed entry for appointments. One caregiver may accompany the patient if assistance is needed.
- Required temperature checks at entry
- COVID-19 symptoms screening questionnaire at check-in
- Social distancing required in waiting areas
- When possible, Mercer Medicine recommends completing forms before arriving.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please reschedule your appointment.
According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have experienced a wide range of symptoms, which may appear 2-14 days after exposure. These symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with the virus, Mercer Medicine now has its own FDA-approved COVID-19 testing lab providing results typically in just two business days. Call (478) 301-4111 to schedule a telehealth visit to determine if you should take a COVID-19 test.
For your safety and the safety of others, masks are required to be worn at all times during your visit.